Sunday, February 17, 2008

All About Racin' - a community for Nascar fans

Today, in celebration of the 50th running of the Daytona 500, the wiki-of-the-day is All About Racin' on Wetpaint. I was looking for a wiki site for the 2008 Nascar fans. This site has 371 members and about 100 pages. It offers links to Nascar blogs and information on champions and crew chiefs. It has about 40 driver profiles on the site. It even has a page about the gossip on the driver wives and girlfriends. It includes some promising pages for Nascar fans for posting favorite memories and fan photos. It has pages to post favorite Nascar photos and videos of crashes. I'm a little disappointed though with the site. It needs a "fresh coat" for the 2008 season. I don't even see the winner of the 2007 Nextel Cup Series on the site. I don't yet see the 2008 racing schedule and profiles of the newest Nascar racers who are moving from the open-wheel racing leagues. I was hoping to see a great page about today's historic 50th running of the Daytona 500. I was hoping that the Nascar chat would be active during the race, but I was the only one there when I tested it. Because some pages have been recently updated and there are several active threads, I believe that the community is still alive, but it just does not seem to be thriving on this site yet for the 2008 season. This site was once a very active site with a growing community but appears to need a little help. If you're a Nascar fan, drop by the wiki and lend it a hand.

Image credit: SportsTraveler

No comments: